Get Fit Quick
20-minute circuit work-out
This total-body work-out from Sarah Slattery, a trainer at Equinox Fitness in New York City, was originally published in Fitness Magazine. Each circuit should take you about 10 minutes, so you should run through it twice to complete a full-body 20-minute work-out.
- Stand tall with arms extended out to sides, abs engaged.
- Bending from waist, reach right arm toward left toes; repeat on left.
- Do 25 reps, alternating sides.
Targets: Butt and legs
- Lunge forward with right leg; hold for 4 seconds, then pulse up and down 5 times.
- Repeat on left.
- Do 2 reps.
- Hold dumbbell in right hand.
- Bend at hips until almost parallel to floor.
- Bring elbow to ribs, straighten forearm back and return.
- Do 15 reps on each arm.
Targets: Chest and core
- Start in plank position (palms on floor, hands below shoulders, abs engaged, back straight).
- Hold for 30 seconds. Drop to knees.
- Do 15 push-ups.
Targets: Arms, butt and legs
- Squat, holding a dumbbell in each hand. Do 8 reps.
- On last rep, stay down and do 10 bicep curls.
Targets: Chest and butt
- Lie faceup, knees bent, holding dumbbells over chest with arms extended, palms in.
- Press into heels, lifting hips toward ceiling into bridge.
- Lower weights out to sides, toward floor (5 reps); lower hips.
- Do entire sequence 5 times.
Rest for 1 minute; repeat circuit.
Short on time? In this powerful set of exercises from Military.com, you can actually do a total of 300 push-ups and 400 crunches in 20 minutes. Don't rest between the sets and you'll see big results, even if you do this work-out every other day.
Repeat 10 cycles of:
- 10 regular push-ups
- 10 crunches
- 10 wide push-ups
- 10 crunches
- 10 tricep push-ups
- 10/10 left/right crunches
20-minute dumbbell work-out
Though this video is old, the exercises are still effective. Check out this 20-minute dumbbell work-out from sparkpeople.com.