Let your inner fuego be free with this firecracking hot recipe for homemade salsa. Whether you're the next Rachel Ray or a mom-on-the-go, this fantastic and fabulously easy recipe will tantalize your taste buds and make your mouth water. Fresh ripe tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, garlic, serrano peppers, lime...are you drooling yet?
5 fresh whole tomatoes
1/2 red onion
2 cloves fresh garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro
Juice of one whole lime
3-4 whole serrano peppers
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan halfway full of water to a rolling boil.
- Boil the tomatoes, onion and serrano peppers for 7-10 minutes or until tomato skins become loose.
- Remove the vegetables from the pot and dump the water.
- Let the vegetables cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently peel off the tomato skins and cut the stems off the serrano peppers. Discard the skins and stems.
- Cut the stems off the cilantro and keep the only the leaves.
- Place all the ingredients in your blender or food processor. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Mix up a round of margaritas, bust out your favorite bag of tortilla chips, flip on some spicy salsa jams and and let the party begin!