Apple Walnut Muffin Recipe
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large apples, cored, peeled and thickly chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour muffin tin for 8 large muffins.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs and beat for 1 more minute on high.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Mix in the apples, vanilla, walnuts and cranberries.
- Gently scoop the batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Makes 8 large muffins.
- Serve with butter or apple preserves.