Classic Spanish Rice Recipe
1 small red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
3 cups chicken stock
1 small tomato, diced
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup corn
1/4 cup homemade salsa
2 tablespoons tomato boullion
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large deep skillet, fry onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add dry rice and continue to fry for 3 minutes or until rice is golden.
- Add chicken stock and remaining ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Keep the flame on medium until the liquid begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pod with a tight fitting lid.
- Let the rice cook for 25-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy. Resist the urge to stir the rice while it cooks. This just makes the rice sticky.
- Enjoy your Spanish rice with any delicious Mexican dinner!