Death By Chocolate
Chocoholics beware. The brownies in this recipe may indeed kill you will their sensuous, soul-stirring chocolatey pleasures. Make at your own risk.
1 stick unsalted butter
6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
1 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup sifted cake flour
1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate and butter for 20 second intervals, mixing until combined.
- Add sugar and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in beaten eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt and pecans. Gently stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream. Eat yourself into a severe chocolate coma.
- Prepare for an early death. Eat more.
- Die happy.