Oozy, Gooey Fun
Looking for a fun kids activity to do with your children on a rainy day? How about mixing up a batch of slippery slime? This is also an awesome project to do at a birthday party or for a Halloween Haunted House.
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions and let the messy fun begin!
- 4 ounce bottle school glue gel
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 3 teaspoons borax
- 3 drops food coloring
- Medium sized bowl
- Drinking glass
- In a medium sized bowl, pour 1 cup warm water. Add a bottle of school glue gel and mix well. Regular white school glue will also work, but will make your slime opaque instead of transparent.
- In a glass, pour ½ cup of warm water. Pour in 3 teaspoons of borax and 3 drops of any color food coloring and stir well.
- Now the fun begins! Pour your colorful borax solution into your glue solution and watch the slime begin to form. Knead the slime with your hands to help the process along. If there is any water left in the bowl, you can discard it in the sink.
- Play with your slime. Pull it, roll it, twist it…see how far you can stretch it before it breaks. When you are not using your slime, store it in a plastic Ziplock bag or an airtight Tupperware container.
Note: This slime is not edible. Make sure to do this experiment with children who will not be tempted to eat the slime.
If you do want edible crafts, check out 5 Edible crafts for kids >>>