St. Patrick’s day just isn’t complete without the opportunity to eat your weight in green foods. Get into the Irish spirit with these fully loaded St. Patrick's Day brownies.
Fully-Loaded St. Patrick's Day Brownies Recipe
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 1 pound bag Andes mints, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil so that it drapes over the edges of the pan. Grease the foil with baking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the package.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Fold in the sour cream, egg, food coloring and peppermint extract. Beat for 1 minute on high.
- Pour the brownie mix into the pan and spread evenly.
- Gently pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie mix. (For a marbled effect, use a knife to swirl the green cheesecake batter into the brownie mix.)
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until cheesecake top has set.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before removing from the pan. Gently pull the foil on opposite sides to remove the brownies.
- Spread chocolate frosting evenly over all the brownies and top with chopped Andes mints.
- Cut into 2 inch squares and serve with a big scoop of mint ice cream. Mmmmm…