Healthy Black Bean Brownies
Heads up, sneaky chefs! Looking for a mouthwateringly healthy alternative to regular brownies? These amazing, fudgy black bean brownies are the bomb! Learn how to make this healthy dessert in your own kitchen.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cooked and drained black beans (feel free to use canned)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (you may substitute agave nectar if you wish)
- 6 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9 by 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour black beans, butter and oil into your blender. Whip on high for 1 minute until it makes a grayish paste.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sugar and blend again for 30 seconds. While you are blending, heat the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If the chocolate is not completely melted, return to the microwave for 15 second intervals until it stirs smooth. Take care not to overheat or you may burn your chocolate.
- Pour chocolate into blender and whip on high for 30 seconds. Now your batter should be a rich, creamy brown.
- Sift your dry ingredients together (salt, baking powder and flour) and dump into blender. Now use a spatula to stir by hand until smooth. Add walnuts and stir until well distributed.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
- Psst! Don’t worry, you can eat another one. We won’t tell anyone. Mmmmm…