Bored with breakfast cereal? Surprise your family with a yummy breakfast treat. This recipe for banana pecan French toast is light, refreshing and melt-in-your-mouth delish!
- 8 slices thick-cut multigrain bread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter for frying
- 4 whole bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Set aside.
- Heat your griddle or large frying pan to medium heat.
- Take your multigrain bread slices and dip them into the wet ingredients, taking care to moisten on all sides.
- Add a small pat of butter to your frying pan and cook toast on both sides until it turns a lovely golden brown.
- Remove from the pan, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Add more butter to the pan and continue frying until all the bread is toasted.
- While bread is frying, chop bananas into small rounds.
- On each plate, place 2 slices French Toast, a heap of banana slices and a handful of chopped pecans. Drizzle with thick maple syrup and dig in!
- If you really want to get extravagant, you can replace the maple syrup with melted chocolate and decorate each plate with a flourish of fresh whipping cream. Nom nom!